Angelique Jobelle

Poetry, Performance & Installations by Artist Extraordinaire Angelique Jobelle!

Friday, March 18, 2005

Performance: "Landlubber"
New Media CenterSpace, University of Halibut, Alberta
March 7, 2005
Well, Spring is starting off pretty grim this year. Of course my relationship with Tim is completely over. We haven't even contacted each other since "Earth & Water." The last time I saw him was in the Emergency Room as they were getting ready to stabilize his leg. Professor MacLeod visited him in the hospital a few days later & took a picture of Tim's swollen leg - they had to screw stainless steel rods into his femur or whatever. It was really interesting to see where the steel just entered - I mean I guess it "penetrated" the flesh but it looked more like it just "entered" it. I don't feel TOO bad - mean, Tim did know I was a black belt in aikido & grav-maga! But I developed a pretty obsessional curiosity about this thing where the steel was entering the flesh. Luckily I knew someone who knew a tattoo guy who knew someone, and finally I was able to get this Pakistani sort-of-surgeon guy to hook me up with a contraption just like Tim's. Some people think I have really LOST IT - but I mean, I didn't get my leg broken or anything, just got the screws put into the bone etc. I'm going to wear this harness etc. until Tim's comes off. And no it's not really about wanting to hold onto Tim - it's more like when Martina Abrahamovic and that Uday guy each walked along the Great Wall of China & just walked by each other without saying anything, as a way to end their 20 year collaboration. Anyway I kind of did a performance thing & a lot of people got pretty queasy. I have to admit, it's pretty painful (I can't get the kind of drugs they're dripping into Tim) and I'm kind of queasy all the time too.