Angelique Jobelle

Poetry, Performance & Installations by Artist Extraordinaire Angelique Jobelle!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Everything has to play itself out eventually, even the body. After I gave up my obsessions with clay skeletons, I staggered around looking for other materials. Anything that didn't require saliva, frankly. I found some rusted things etc and started making these little structures I thought of as 'observatories." In fact I did some complicated math & lined them up so that you can actually predict the movements of celestial bodies. For instance that the sun will come up in the east on such and such a day in 2011, etc.

Installation: "Observatoire #1: Là-Bas: Territoires Inconnus"
near Kolmanskop Art Center, Luederitz, Namibia
January 15, 2007
Oil barrel, found metal objects

Installation: "Observatoire #2: Verschillende Manieren Om Te Kijken"
near Kolmanskop Art Center, Luederitz, Namibia
January 19, 2007
Oil barrel, found metal objects