Angelique Jobelle

Poetry, Performance & Installations by Artist Extraordinaire Angelique Jobelle!

Friday, April 06, 2007

By the end of March I'd gotten into the swing of things & my work was getting more ambitious again. I was still thinking Nordic thoughts, thinking about the north as I'd starting doing in Namibia. I started working with fire again in a big way. At first I was trying to recreate some fires associated with counter-terror activities, ie burning windows of Baader-Meinhoff seige, bombing of MOVE in Philadelphia, the massacre of Branch Davidians in Waco, but eventually I realized I was aiming for the Ur-counter-terror-drama: the massive conflagration at the end of Lang's Ring Of The Nibelung. I messed up the memory card of my camera and lost most of the photos of these actions. Here's a photo of one of the later ones though - gives you an idea anyway.

Performance: "Trouble At Valhalla Bed-sit"
Chaos Out Of Order, Rochdale, Lancashire, England UK
March 20, 2007
Cardboard, pressboard, illustration board, chalkboards, foxgloves, rosemary branches, legs of mutton, Herb Alberich & The Tannenbaum Brass lps, fire, smoke & petrol.